Computer Tutorials at Central
The Reference Department at the Central Library will provide one-on-one computer help on basic computer skills. Participants must have or obtain a JMRL library card.
Stop in at 201 E. Market St. or call for an appointment, 434.979.7151 x4.
Here are some basic topics JMRL staff can assist you with:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Searches
- Creating an Email Address
- Downloadable audiobooks and eBooks
Want to get started on your own?
Digital Learn Tools if you are new to computers or haven't used them for a while.
GCF Learn Free Learn the essential skills you need to live and work in the 21st century.
OnGuardOnline is the federal government’s site for staying safe and secure online.
Northside Library Staff provides Computer Instruction
Do computers intimidate you? Do you need a little help getting started with internet searches? Do you need help downloading e-books or audiobooks to your device? Do you want to communicate with friends and family on-line? Let the Nortside Library Staff help you with FREE one-on-one tutorials. We will provide instruction for 30 minutes and then give you an additional 30 minutes to work on your own.
Call the Information Desk (434.973.7893 ext 4) to schedule a tutorial session.
Examples of topics covered include:
- Downloading e-books & audiobooks - Learn how to download electronic materials to your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Keyboard and Mouse - if you know little or nothing about computers, this is the place to start.
- Getting Started on the Web - Learn your way around the web with a hands-on guided tour.
- Finding What You Need - Improve your search results and find the information you need by using internet search engines and the library's on-line databases.
- Setting Up An E-mail Account - Set up a free Gmail account and learn how to send and receive messages.
- Job Hunting - Focusing on the Charlottesville Job Board, learn how to fill out and save job applications.