Percy Jackson Read-Alikes
It's hard to believe that Percy, Annabeth and the gang have left Camp Half-Blood! Try these titles for similar adventures, mythological or not!
J Armstrong, K.L. & M.A. Marr Loki's Wolves
- Matt and his friends Fen and Laurie are descendants of Norse gods. With Ragnarok, the end of the world, approaching, these young heroes must band together to fight monsters and save the world.
YA/YA PB Brewer, Heather Eighth Grade Bites
- Vlad Tod, a half-vampire teen, loves dipping chocolate chip cookies in blood. He doesn't love his super-creepy English teacher, or the actual vampires who are trying to kill him. Eight grade just got a lot harder. Read the rest of the adventures in The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod.
YA Childs, Tera Lynn Sweet Venom
- Monsters roam the streets of San Francisco and can only be stopped by descendants of Medusa. Three teenage girls must work together to unlock their heritage and save the city. The series continues with Sweet Shadows and Sweet Legacy.
YA Chima, Cinda Williams The Warrior Heir
- Jack doesn't learn about his powers until he's sixteen, but then begins to train to take down wizards. Continue with the rest of the Heir Chronicles.
YA PB Cooper, Susan The Dark is Rising
- Will turns eleven and finds out he's one of the last of the Old Ones and that he'll see the signs that will help them beat the Dark. See what he does with this birthday present in the rest of the Dark is Rising series.
YA Cremer, Andrea The Inventor's Secret
- Charlotte and her fellow refugees live in a North America where the Revolutionary War never took place. They struggle again a British Empire that uses horrible machines to control the people. The arrival of a new exile with no memory of his past sets the young friends on a series of fantastic adventures.
J/YA/YA PB Farmer, Nancy The Sea of Trolls
- So, you're apprenticed to a Druid bard, but then you and your sister are kidnapped by Viking Berserkers. What do you do next? Go on a quest to Jotunheim, home of the trolls. Read more of Jack's story in The Sea of Trolls trilogy.
YA Harris, Joanne Runemarks
- That's not a birthmark on Maddy's hand, it's a rune mark, and it means that she's about to team up with the Norse gods to change the fate of the world.
YA Johnson, Jaleigh The Mark of the Dragonfly
- Piper, an orphan with an almost magical ability to fix mechanized things finds a silent girl who is chased my a man who terrifies her. The two stow away on Train 401, where they meet Gee, a shape shifter who helps them in their adventures.
YA Jones, Dianna Wynne The Game
- Hayley travels the mythosphere with her cousin where strands of myths from all times and places are connected. If she’s clever enough, she can free her parents, Cyrus (Sisyphus) and Merope (a Pleiade) and avoid the wrath of her Uncle Jolyon (Jupiter). Don't know your myths so well? Check out the descriptions in the back!
YA Landy, Derek Skulduggery Pleasant
- Stephenie didn't just inherit a house from her uncle, she also got his talking skeleton friend. Now, the two of them are teaming with friends and foes to fight the Faceless Ones and save an unsuspecting world. Lot of work for an twelve year old. There's more to the series.
YA Marsh, Katherine The Night Tourist
- Jack is on his way back from a therapy appointment (he's seeing things that aren't there) when he meets a not-living girl in Grand Central Station. He follows her to the Underworld to find his mom and meets up with the same people (and dogs) that chased Percy. The sequel is The Twilight Prisoner.
YA/YA PB Mull, Brandon Fablehaven
- Kendra and Seth are dumped on their grandparents farm, and instead of grandma, there's a giant chicken. That's not the weirdest thing, though; the whole place is a refuge for magical creatures and most of them hate Seth. Doesn't seem like they're going to make it through the coming war between the good and evil creatures! Check out the rest of the Fablehaven Series .
YA Owen, James A. Here, There Be Dragons
- Our world is listed in the Imaginarium Geographica, along with all the other magical worlds. If John, Charles and Jack don't defeat the Winter King in the other lands, ours may be doomed. Try the rest of The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica.
YA Riggs, Ransom Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
- After the brutal death of his grandfather, Jacob travels to a remote island to locate the orphanage where his grandfather lived to escape Nazi persecution in World War II . . . and discovers a group of very unusual children from his grandfather's stories.
J Riordan, Rick The Red Pyramid
- Percy's creator is back with Egyptian gods and goddesses! Carter and Sadie are brother and sister but they don't look alike and they really don't like each other. Too bad, because they have to rescue their dad, and the rest of the world, from Set, the god of the dead. Their story continues in the Kane Chronicles.
YA Scott, Michael The Alchemyst: the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
- When twins Sophie and Josh's summer jobs explode, they are thrown into the ongoing battle over the secrets of immortality that draw in humans and magical creatures. The saga continues in the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series.
YA Springer, Nancy Dusssie
- Dusie wanted presents for her thirteenth birthday, not a head full of snakes. Turns out, she's part Gorgon and has frozen the guy she likes. Better figure out how these snakes work!
YA Stroud, Jonathan The Amulet of Samarkand
- Don't steal the most powerful magician's most powerful object with a djinni that can't stand you. You might blow up the world. Read more of the frenemies adventures in The Bartimaeus Trilogy.
YA PB Sutherland, Tui T. So This is How it Ends
- An earthquake sends five teens into the future where they will have to battle on behalf of the world's different myths systems. There's more in the Avatars series.
- Kit Bristol never meant to become a highwayman. He was just trying to get help for his mortally wounded master. He didn't sign on to rescue a feisty fairy princess. But when he put on his master's cloak, Kit also took on his magical obligations, complete with goblings and a map that shows his future - as a hanged man.
YA Yancey, Rick The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp
- Alfred Kropp isn't just a clumsy, unpopular orphan, he's also descendant of the Knights of the Round Table. That'll come in handy when he's fighting off ninjas on motorcycles for the lost sword Excalibur. Which he lost. See what other miracles he can pull off.