Central Teen Book Group
Graphically Speaking and Then Some (GSTS) is a group for teens in Grades 6-12 to discuss graphic novels and other books. The group meets the third Wednesday of every month.
Books for Fall 2015
- September 16 Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- October 21 Sabriel by Garth Nix
Books for Summer 2015
- June 17 Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
- July 15 The Screaming Staircase Book 1 of Lockwood & Co. series by Jonathan Stroud
- August 19 The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
Books for Winter/Spring 2015
- January 21 Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger.
Sophronia’s curtsy is atrocious, but her spying skills are highly developed. Luckily Mademoiselle Geraldine’s Finishing School is not your ordinary finishing school. Its faculty includes a vampire and a werewolf, and the curriculum includes, what else, etiquette and espionage.
- February 18 Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Jacob's grandfather told him amazing stories about his childhood on an island in Wales, complete with strange photographs. After his grandfather's death, Jacob visits the island to try to make sense of everything only to discover that the truth about the children in the pictures is stranger and the danger greater than he could ever have imagined.
- March The Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
- April Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- May Welcome Caller This Is Chloe by Shelley Coriell
Books for Fall 2014
- September 17 Library Wars 1: Love & War by Kiiro Yumi.
Iku Kasahara has joined the Library Defense Force, a military group dedicated to defending libraries and protecting books. She has dreamed of becoming a member of the Force ever since one of the soldiers stopped government officials from confiscating her favorite book. But is her dream job going to be more like a nightmare?
- October 15 Choker by Elizabeth Woods.
Cara is a loner, bullied and with no real friends since she moved away from her best friend Zoe. Now Zoe has turned up on Cara's doorstep asking for help. Suddenly Cara's life has turned around. She's got a new look and a new confidence. She is becoming popular. Just as quickly, it all starts to fall apart as a girl goes missing. When Zoe starts acting strangely, Cara begins to wonder how much she can really trust her best friend.
- November 19 Crown of Midnight
Throne of Glass was so popular when the group readit that the sequel was a unanimous choice. Having won the contest to become the King's Champion, Celaena struggles to stay true to her conscience while hiding her disloyalty from the King. But she's not the only one keeping secrets, secrets that will lead to a terrible tragedy that will force her to decide what she believes is worth fighting for.
- December 17 The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Frankie Landau-Banks is the secret mastermind behind the pranks of the Loyal Order of Basset Hounds, a secret society at Alabaster Prep. When the all-male group shut her out, choosing only to see her as adorable rather than smart, she decided to prove that she could out-prank the pranksters, with hilarious results.
- June Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan.
Kami's world has just been turned upside down. It seems that the "imaginary friend" to whom she is connected mentally isn't imaginary after all. He's real and somehow connected to the magical secrets in her town. Good thing she can rely on her best friend, Angela, to help her figure out what's going on. But someone will stop at nothing to keep her from learning the truth.