Biblionovels: Novels for book-loving adults
Find in Adult Fiction:
- F Burr, Chandler - YOU OR SOMEONE LIKE YOU
- Anne Rosenbaum finds herself running a book club for some of Hollywood's elite as she tries to save her marriage after her producer husband has a crisis of faith and turns back to Jewish Orthodoxy.
- F Fowler, Karen Joy - THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB
- As six Californians get together to form a book club to discuss the novels of Jane Austen, their lives are turned upside down by troubled marriages, illicit affairs, changing relationships, and love.
- F Holsinger, Bruce - A BURNABLE BOOK
- An ancient book that prophesies the end of England's kings threatens the stability of the realm if it falls into the wrong hands. It is up to the trader of information, John Gower, and information from his friend Geoffrey Chaucer to help recover it in time in this medieval thriller by Charlottesville author Bruce Holsinger.
- F Meyler, Deborah - THE BOOKSTORE
- Esme is young student, recently broken up with, and newly discovered to be pregnant. To cope with her new circumstances and escape the pressure of her Ivy League college, she takes a part time job at a used bookstore.
- F Patillo, Beth - SWEETGUM KNIT LIT SOCIETY
- A new member and new reading list will help the women of the Sweetgum Christian Church knitting and book club discover that they can still be the heroines of their own stories.
- F Ruiz Zafon, Carlos - THE SHADOW OF THE WIND
- Daniel selects a novel from a library of rare books, enjoying it so much that he searches for the rest of the author's works, only to discover that someone is destroying every book the author has ever written.
- F Scott, Jennifer - THE ACCIDENTAL BOOK CLUB
- After losing her husband, Jean Vison starts a book club for comfort and support.
- F Shaffer, Mary Ann and Annie Barrows - THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY
- Set in 1946, this novel follows writer Juliet Ashton and her correspondence with a Guernsey resident about the island, books, and the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, a book club born as an alibi during German occupation.
- F Sloane, Robin - MR. PENUMBRA’S 24-HOUR BOOKSTORE
- After a layoff during a recession sidelines his tech career, Clay Jannon takes a job at the titular bookstore in San Francisco, and soon realizes that the establishment is a facade for a strange secret.
- F Wolitzer, Hilma - SUMMER READING
- The lives of three very different women--an insecure newlywed and unwilling stepmother; her nosy house cleaner; and the head of a local book group--intersect over the course of a summer in the Hamptons.
Find in Adult Mystery:
- M Adams, Ellery - MURDER IN THE PAPERBACK PARLOR
- While organizing Valentine's Day activities for book-themed resort Storyton Hall tragedy strikes when one of the most celebrated authors is killed.
- M Calhoun, Bonnie - COOKING THE BOOKS
- After inheriting a bookstore, Sloane Templeton begins to receive cyber threats and uses her Cyber Crimes Unit experience to uncover the source of the threats.
- M Carlisle, Kate - RIPPED FROM THE PAGES
- Book restoration expert Brooklyn Wainwright discovers a treasure trove while on vacation that includes a mummified body. [also by this author: The Book Stops Here; If Books Could Kill; Lies That Bind; Homicide in Hardcover; A Cookbook Conspiracy]
- M Dunning, John - BOOKED TO DIE
- Denver detective Cliff Janeway suspects that Jackie Newton, a psychopath who recently beat the rap for a series of vagrant killings, is responsible for the murder of a rare book hunter. [also by this author: Bookman's Promise; Bookman's Wake; The Sign of the Book]
- M Goodrum, Charles - DEWEY DECIMATED
- An illiterate cop and three librarians and scholars test their wits against some very unprofessional adversaries after rumors of fraud, forgeries, and murder at one of the world's greatest rare-book libraries.
- M McKinlay, Jenn - A LIKELY STORY
- Librarian Lindsey Norris must solve a murder and a missing person's case. [also by this author: Book, Line, and Sinker; Read It and Weep; On Borrowed Time; Due or Die; Books Can Be Deceiving]
- M Morgenroth, Kate - THEY DID IT WITH LOVE
- Moving to the Connecticut suburbs from Manhattan to find a more peaceful way of life, Sofie and her husband find their idyllic community rocked by the murder of a member of Sofie's neighborhood book club.
Find in Large Print:
- LP F Lee, Ashton - THE CHERRY COLA BOOK CLUB
- To save the library and her job, librarian Maura Beth Mayhew starts the Cherry Cola Book Club and soon the booklovers gather together to talk about literary classics, romance, and dreams over potluck dinners.
- LP M Carl, JoAnna - THE CHOCOLATE BOOK BANDIT
- Chocolate shop owner Lee McKinney Woodyard investigates the murder of a retiring member of the library board at a board meeting where all in attendance are suspect.
- LP M McKinlay, Jenn - DUE OR DIE
- When Carrie Rushton is accused of murdering her husband, library director Lindsey Norris and the Briar Creek crafternoon club launch their own investigation during a nor'easter that has left the police otherwise occupied.
- LP SC Smitten - SMITTEN BOOK CLUB
- When book club members start sharing the book Smitten, their interpretations begin to affect their love lives, for better or worse.