You Think YOUR School is Weird? (Young Adult)
Revision as of 18:12, 27 August 2009 by Mdickens
- The Blue Girl, by Charles de Lint - New at her high school, Imogene enlists the help of her introverted friend Maxine and the ghost of a boy who haunts the school, after receiving warnings through her dreams that soul-eaters are threatening her life.
- Dead is the New Black , by Marlene Perez – When teenage girls start becoming victims of violent attacks around their town of Nightshade, the psychic Giordano sisters begin to take a closer look at the head cheerleader who has returned from summer break with a new look and strange attitude. Read the sequels: Dead is a State of Mind and Dead is So Last Year
- Evernight, by Claudia Gray – Bianca is new to Evernight Academy, an eerie boarding school, finds herself drawn to another outsider, Jared, but dark forces threaten to tear them apart and destroy Bianca's entire world. Read the sequel: Stargazer
- Evil Genius , by Catherine Jinks – Cadel Piggott is mentored by criminal mastermind Dr. Phineas Darkkon and is enrolled in the Axis Institute for World Domination where he takes courses in things like Infiltration and meets other kids destined to be supervillians. Read the sequel: Genius Squad
- Ghostgirl , by Tonya Hurley - After dying, high school senior Charlotte Usher is as invisible to nearly everyone as she always felt, but despite what she learns in a sort of alternative high school for dead teens, she clings to life while seeking a way to go to the Fall Ball with the boy of her dreams.
- Groosham Grange , by Anthony Horowitz - After being expelled from school, thirteen-year-old David Eliot is sent to Groosham Grange, a spooky and sinister boarding school where nothing seems quite right.
- Hex Education , by Emily Gould and Zareen Jaffery – Sophie moves from LA to Massachusetts, and discovers that the popular girls in her new school are really a coven of witches – of which Sophie is destined to be the leader.
- H.I.V.E , by Mark Walden – Otto has been kidnapped and taken to a remote volcanic island which houses the Higher Institute of Villainous Education, and he must work with the other kids (with various skills) to escape before he’s turned into an evil genius. Read the sequel: The Overlord Protocol
- I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You , by Ally Carter - Cammie Morgan attends The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women – which is actually a school for spies. She can speak fourteen different languages, hack CIA computer codes, and kill a man seven different ways, but can she handle an actual date? Read more Gallagher Girls books: Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy , and Don’t Judge a Girl by Her Cover .
- Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side , by Beth Fantaskey - Jessica’s senior year becomes a little bit bizarre when the new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu starts saying he’s her long-lost fiancé…because she’s a long-lost vampire princess.
- Live and Let Shop , by Michael Spradlin – After getting in trouble with the FBI, Rachel is sent from Beverly Hills to the Blackthorn Academy in Pennsylvania, where she uncovers secrets about the school and becomes entangled in a case of international espionage. First in the Spy Goddess series, try the sequel: To Hawaii, With Love .
- Spy High , by A.J. Butcher – Six teenagers – each with a special talent - learn to work as a team at a special high school that trains them to be secret agents. Read the whole Spy High series .
- Vampire Academy , by Richelle Mead - Two years after a horrible incident made them run away, vampire princess Lissa and her guardian-in-training Rose are found and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy, where one focuses on mastering magic, the other on physical training, while both try to avoid the perils of gossip, cliques, gruesome pranks, and sinister plots. Continue the series with Frostbite , Shadow Kiss and Blood Promise .
- Zombie Blondes , by Brian James - Hannah eagerly considers doing anything to fit in at her new school in Vermont, but when her friend Lukas warns her about the dead-eyed cheerleaders, Hannah has to move with caution or end up being blonde, beautiful, and dead like the rest of them.