Biblionovels: Novels for book-loving adults
Revision as of 20:13, 28 December 2015 by Hayleytartaglino
Find in Adult Fiction:
- F Burr, Chandler - YOU OR SOMEONE LIKE YOU
- Anne Rosenbaum finds herself running a book club for some of Hollywood's elite as she tries to save her marriage after her producer husband has a crisis of faith and turns back to Jewish Orthodoxy.
- F Fowler, Karen Joy - THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB
- As six Californians get together to form a book club to discuss the novels of Jane Austen, their lives are turned upside down by troubled marriages, illicit affairs, changing relationships, and love.
- F Lee, Ashton - THE CHERRY COLA BOOK CLUB
- To save the library and her job, librarian Maura Beth Mayhew starts the Cherry Cola Book Club and soon the booklovers gather together to talk about literary classics, romance, and dreams over potluck dinners.
- F Holsinger, Bruce - A BURNABLE BOOK
- An ancient book that prophesies the end of England's kings threatens the stability of the realm if it falls into the wrong hands. It is up to the trader of information, John Gower, and information from his friend Geoffrey Chaucer to help recover it in time in this medieval thriller by Charlottesville author Bruce Holsinger.
- F Patillo, Beth - SWEETGUM KNIT LIT SOCIETY
- A new member and new reading list will help the women of the Sweetgum Christian Church knitting and book club discover that they can still be the heroines of their own stories.
- F Ruiz Zafon, Carlos - THE SHADOW OF THE WIND
- Daniel selects a novel from a library of rare books, enjoying it so much that he searches for the rest of the author's works, only to discover that someone is destroying every book the author has ever written.
- F Shaffer, Mary Ann and Annie Barrows - THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY
- Set in 1946, this novel follows writer Juliet Ashton and her correspondence with a Guernsey resident about the island, books, German occupation, and the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, a book club born as an alibi during German occupation.
- F Sloane, Robin - MR. PENUMBRA’S 24-HOUR BOOKSTORE
- After a layoff during a recession sidelines his tech career, Clay Jannon takes a job at the titular bookstore in San Francisco, and soon realizes that the establishment is a facade for a strange secret.
- F Wolitzer, Hilma - SUMMER READING
- The lives of three very different women--an insecure newlywed and unwilling stepmother; her nosy house cleaner; and the head of a local book group--intersect over the course of a summer in the Hamptons.
Find in Adult Mystery:
- M Calhoun, Bonnie - COOKING THE BOOKS
- After inheriting a bookstore, Sloane Templeton begins to receive cyber threats and uses her Cyber Crimes Unit experience to uncover the source of the threats.
- M Carlisle, Kate - IF BOOKS COULD KILL
- Book restoration expert Brooklyn Wainwright investigates the murder of her ex, who had an original copy of a scandalous text that could change history and destroy the British monarchy. [also by this author: Lies That Bind; Homicide in Hardcover; A Cookbook Conspiracy]
- M Dunning, John - BOOKED TO DIE
- Denver detective Cliff Janeway suspects that Jackie Newton, a psychopath who recently beat the rap for a series of vagrant killings, is responsible for the murder of a rare book hunter. [also by this author: Bookman’s Promise; Sign of the Book; Bookman’s Wake]
- M Goodrum, Charles - DEWEY DECIMATED
- An illiterate cop and three librarians and scholars test their wits against some very unprofessional adversaries after rumors of fraud, forgeries, and murder at one of the world's greatest rare-book libraries.
- F McKinlay, Jenn - BOOK, LINE AND SINKER
- Library director Lindsey Norris finds herself knee-deep in a murder mystery when the local tourism director is found dead and her downstairs neighbor is accused of the crime. [also by this author: Due or Die; Read It And Weep]
- F Morgenroth, Kate - THEY DID IT WITH LOVE
- Moving to the Connecticut suburbs from Manhattan to find a more peaceful way of life, Sofie and her husband find their idyllic community rocked by the murder of a member of Sofie's neighborhood book club.