Maker Lab liability and Procedures
- Patrons under the age of 18 must have the form signed by a legal guardian, who will be held financially responsible for the costs of replacement of any damaged or lost equipment.
- Patrons signing this form will be held financially responsible for any damaged or lost equipment at the rate provided by the branch library at the time of signing.
- Patrons agree not to hold JMRL liable or responsible for any personal injury occurring while using library equipment.
- Compliance with copyright laws in the use of Library equipment is the responsibility of the user.
- Be sure to read and review the procedures
- Price: $0.10/gram (final cost will be sent to you for approval before object is printed)
- Prints must take 4hrs or less per item. We cannot run print jobs when staff are not in the building.
- Print jobs cannot be guaranteed deliverable by a certain time. Please be aware it could take several weeks to receive your item.
Submit print files through this form.
Dremel Digilab 3D45 3D Printer (Central)
One of the best 3D printer options for printing advanced materials. It is ECO-ABS, Nylon, PETG and PLA filament friendly, and with an all-metal 0.4 mm nozzle that heats up to 280°C and a removable glass build plate that heats up to 100°C, you can print almost any 1.75mm filament.
Lulzbot TAZ Pro (Northside)
Industrial desktop 3D printer that provides large, multi-material and soluble support printing with LulzBot’s award-winning reliability. Create large functional prototypes, manufacturing aids, and print-on-demand parts with easy, professional results.
Create a digital model of a 3D object using our 3D scanner.
Afinia EinScan-SE 3D Scanner with/turntable
The EinScan-SE 3D Scanner creates digital 3D models of physical objects which can be saved and edited on a computer. These models can then be printed on a 3D printer or incorporated into graphic art, animation, or game design.
The 3D scanner is currently only available by appointment. Please email email@example.com to set up an appointment. Users must bring their own storage devices for saving files.
VEVOR 75mm Rotate Button Maker 3inch Badge Maker Punch Press Machine
From the manufacture:
This button maker machine is perfect for pin buttons, rope ties, key chains, bottle openers, etc. Widely used to create home made buttons for political campaigns or sporting events
Computer-controlled Cutting (Cricut)
Cricut Maker 3 (Central, Nelson)
The Cricut allows users to quickly and easily cut and engrave complex designs in a variety of materials. The Maker 3 works with over 300 different materials, including paper, cardstock, vinyl, and even leather! Cricut’s Design Space software makes it easy to create and import designs for use in countless art projects.
Users must bring their own materials. Includes full access to Cricut Design Space.
Large Format Printer
Canon imagePROGRAF TA-20
- 24" desktop printer, 5-Color pigment based ink system
- All files must be PDF, JPG, or PNG format. If your file is not in one of these formats you will need to convert it prior to going to the printer.
Prices for Poster Printing:
- 12 x 18 $5.00/page
- 18 x 24 $6.00/ page
- 24 x 36 $7.00/ page
Payment is due when your print job is complete. Please note that you are still responsible for the print job even if the job does not print correctly.
- Make sure that your creation is sized properly. The length is variable but the width is 24 inches.
- A high resolution file is needed.
- Posters are not intended for outdoor use.
- Colors on posters will fade over time.
Kejector 13 Inch Wide
From the manufacturer:
- Cold & Thermal Lamination Modes: Hot mode is suitable for most documents. Cold mode is ideal to laminate heat-sensitive ink and paint to protect the color from fading or melting.
- Features a 330mm/13-inch wide inlet, which is suitable to laminate A3/A4/A5/A6/A7 size paper.
Using the laminator:
- Item must not be larger than 11.5 x 17.5
- Cost - $1.00 per laminating sheet
- Payment is due when your job is complete. Please note that you are still responsible for the lamination job even if the job is wrinkled, etc.
Laser Cutting & Engraving
Devices to cut or engrave a wide range of materials (must bring own materials)
Glowforge Plus (Central)
The Glowforge Plus is a great all-purpose laser cutter and engraver. It can cut and score hundreds of materials up to ½” thick, including wood, fabric, leather, and acrylic. Create a design using any software that can save a PDF, then bring it to life with the push of a button!
xTool M1 (Nelson)
From the manufacturer:
xTool M1 integrates laser engraving, laser cutting and blade cutting into one, allows you to do way more with a super wide range of material to meet all of your need of creation. xTool M1 which has both the laser and blade heads, you don't have to waver between a laser cutter or a blade cutter(or breaking the bank to buy both), your ideas can be realized on just one machine. xTool M1, the 3-in-1 Laser Cutter & Laser Engraver & Blade Cutter Machine, unleash your creativity, make your own ideas into real physical objects.
Includes full access to xTool Creative Space.
Please see the training video
Basswood available for use:
- 12 x 12 Basswood $3.00/sheet
- 12 x 18 Basswood $3.00/sheet
Payment is due when your job is complete. Please note that you are still responsible for the engraving, etching, etc job even if the job is done incorrectly.
All other supplies must be provided by the patron.
Sewing machines are available for use in sewing projects (must bring own materials).
SINGER Heavy Duty 4423 (Central)
The Heavy Duty 4423 is a true workhorse machine that is ideal for a wide variety of sewing projects. Designed to tackle heavy-duty materials like denim and canvas, the 4423 is also great for everyday sewing projects thanks to its adjustable presser foot and stainless steel bedplate. It also comes equipped with a powerful motor that provides extra-high sewing speed.
SINGER | MX231 (Nelson)
From the manufacturer:
With a full range of stitches, the SINGER® MX231 sewing machine is perfect for any type of sewing. With basic, decorative, and stretch stitches, you can sew a wide range of fabrics, from sheer and stretch knit to denim and more.
With the front load bobbin design, bobbins are easy to wind and insert, while maintaining a smooth needle plate surface.
Stitch width and length can be adjusted to further customize stitches to each and every project. Threading is a breeze with the built-in needle threader. Sew fashions, piece quilts, create crafts or do simple mending – you can do it all!
Teen Maker Lab
For ages 11-18 only
Want to learn about a new craft or skill? The Teen Maker Lab provides a space for trying new things on a rotating basis. Skills such as sewing projects, jewelry making, polymer clay crafts, UV resin crafts, perler bead creations, watercoloring, printmaking, cross stitch, papercrafts.
Call the Teen desk 434-973-7893 ext. 6 to find out what is currently available along with the schedule of Maker Lab tool demonstrations.