A limited selection of federal tax booklets and forms are available in all Branch Libraries. There are also copiers at each branch to help you make copies of forms not available for your returns.
Paper copies of Virginia tax forms are NOT available at the library. Here is the order form to have the Virginia Department of Taxation send you a tax form.
Below you will find a selected list of websites that contain forms that you can download. There is also a list of sites where you can get free tax preparation assistance.
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to download and print most tax forms.
- Federal Tax Federal Tax Forms and Publications (IRS)
- IRS e-file start at the IRS site rather than the commercial e-filing sites. You can file in the library, but staff cannot assist you. Please note that the usual computer time limits still apply. Most e-file sites allow you to save your work if you are interrupted but check with the e-file provider before you start!
- Virginia State Tax Forms
- Virginia Tax Online for Individuals You can file in the library, but staff cannot assist you. Please note that the usual computer time limits still apply. Most e-file sites allow you to save your work if you are interrupted but check with the e-file provider before you start!
- Virginia State Department of Taxation--Information
- State tax forms for other states
- Earned Income Tax Credit: info from the Federal Government
Tax Preparation Assistance (FREE)
- Local IRS Office: 401 East Market Street | 434.977.8718
Mon thru Fri: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (closed for lunch 12:30-1:30pm)
- Print out a flyer that contains all the local IRS certified volunteers and the locations (PDF) where they are available.
- IRS Video - A selection of topics related to tax form preparation
- IRS Video - ASL: Choosing a Tax Preparer (Captions & Audio)
- IRS Video - IRSvideosmultilingua
Local Tax Offices
- Albemarle County Finance Department: 434.296.5855
- Charlottesville Commissioner of Revenue: 434.970.3160
- Greene County Commissioner of Revenue: 434.985.5211
- Louisa County Commissioner of Revenue: 540.967.3432
- Nelson County Commissioner of Revenue: 434.263.7070