The World Is a Rainbow: Books About the Children of the World
|Revision as of 00:50, 10 July 2009
Bbjoring (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 00:51, 10 July 2009
Bbjoring (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|Article in [[:Category:Juvenile Nonfiction|Juvenile Nonfiction]], [[:Category:Diversity|Diversity]], and [[:Category:Location|Location]] categories.||Article in [[:Category:Juvenile Nonfiction|Juvenile Nonfiction]], [[:Category:Diversity|Diversity]], and [[:Category:Location|Location]] categories.|
|-||The World is a Rainbow|
|-||Books About Children of the World|
|==Picture Books==||==Picture Books==|
|Line 27:||Line 25:|
|*'''JP Priceman''', Marjorie. [http://aries.jmrl.org/search/t?how+to+make+an+apple+pie+and+see+the+world '''How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World''']||*'''JP Priceman''', Marjorie. [http://aries.jmrl.org/search/t?how+to+make+an+apple+pie+and+see+the+world '''How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World''']|
|-||*'''JP Radunsky''', Eugenia. [http://aries.jmrl.org/search/t?yucka+drucka+droni '''Yucka Druck Droni''']||+||*'''JP Radunsky''', Eugenia. [http://aries.jmrl.org/search/t?yucka+drucka+droni '''Yucka Drucka Droni''']|
|*'''JP Schuett''', Stacey. [http://aries.jmrl.org/search/t?somewhere+in+the+world+right+now '''Somewhere in the World Right Now''']||*'''JP Schuett''', Stacey. [http://aries.jmrl.org/search/t?somewhere+in+the+world+right+now '''Somewhere in the World Right Now''']|
Revision as of 00:51, 10 July 2009
- JP Fox, Mem. Whoever You Are
- JP Hamanaka, Sheila. All the Colors of the Earth
- JP Harshman, Marc. All the Way to Morning
- JP Katz, Karen. The Colors of US
- JP Miller, J. Philip. We All Sing With the Same Voice
- JP Morris, Ann. Hats, Hats, Hats
- JP Park, Linda Sue. Yum! Yuck! A Foldout Book of People Sounds
- JP Pinkney, Sandra L.. Shades of Black: A Celebration of Our Children
- JP Priceman, Marjorie. How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World
- JP Radunsky, Eugenia. Yucka Drucka Droni
- JP Schuett, Stacey. Somewhere in the World Right Now
- JP Seeger, Pete. One Grain of Sand: A Lullaby
- JP Singer, Marilyn. Nine O'Clock Lullaby
- JP Sis, Peter. Madlenka
- JP Weiss, Nicki. The World Turns Round and Round
- J 027.42 Ruurs, Margriet. My Librarian is a Camel: How Books are Brought to Children Around the World
- J 200.83. Faith A Faith Like Mine: A Celebration of the World's Religions...Seen Through the Eyes of Children
- JP 291.35 Sturges, Philemon. Sacred Places
- J 301 Spier, Peter. People
- J 305.23, Life. A Life Like Mine
- J 346 Castle, Caroline. For Every Child: The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child
- J 372.5 Milord, Susan. Hands Around the World
JP 381.1 Lewin, Ted. HOW MUCH: VISITING MARKETS AROUND THE WORLD.This book captures the excitement and unexpected beauty of marketplaces on four continents.
J 392 Bernhard, Emery. A RIDE ON MOTHER'S BACK. Explores the ways in which people from a variety of cultures carry their young ones, and describes what children see and learn as they are carried.
J 394.26 Reynolds, Jan. CELEBRATE! CONNECTIONS AMONG CULTURES. Photo-essay that explores the similarities among celebration rituals in several indigenous cultures around the world and compares them with celebrations in the United States..
J 394.26 Kindersley, Annabel. CELEBRATIONS1. A calendar of celebrations which describes holidays and festivals of all major religions and cultures from around the world. Includes original photography.
J 398.2 Baltuck, Naomi. APPLES FROM HEAVEN: MULTICULTURAL FOLKTALES ABOUT STORIES AND STORYTELLERS. A collection of international folktales about storytellig and the role of stories in transmitting information, history, and values.
J 398.2 Milord, Susan. TALES ALIVE! TEN MULTICULTURAL FOLKTALES WITH ACTIVITIES.
JP Parenting Collection 398.2 Sierra, Judy. MULTICULTURAL FOLKTALES: STORIES TO TELL YOUNG CHILDREN.
J 641.3 Hollyer, Beatrice. LET'S EAT: WHAT CHILDREN EAT AROUND THE WORLD.
J 641.568 Wolfe, Robert L. and Diane.. HOLIDAY COOKING AROUND THE WORLD. A collection of holiday recipes from fifteen different countries including a variety of dishes such as Thai Egg Rolls, Passover Layer Cake, Paella, and Danish Rice Pudding.
JP 700 Ajmera, Maya. TO BE AN ARTIST. An introduction to using various art forms to express creativity depicted with children around the globe.
J 759.13 Honoring. HONORING OUR ANCESTORS: STORIES AND PICTURES BY FOURTEEN ARTISTS. Fourteen artists and picture book illustrators present paintings with descriptions of ancestors or other sources of inspiration that have inspired them.
J 811.54 Greenfield, Eloise. NIGHT ON NEIGHBORHOOD STREET. A postiive view of a neighborhood in the city is presented through a child's eyes.
J 811.54 Hoberman, Mary Ann. FATHERS, MOTHERS, SISTERS, BROTHERS. A collection of poems which celebrate the diversity of American families.
J 811.54. BEIN' WITH YOU THIS WAY. A celebration of the things that make us all alike and those that make us different.
- J 910 Delafosse, Claude. Atlas of People
- J 910 Kindersley, Barnabas. Children Just Like Me