Steampunk (Young Adult)
Steampunk explores what the world would look like if the future, and its technology, happened earlier.
Note: For a broader list of steampunk works (including those for adults and younger readers), see the Steampunk (Juvenile, Young Adult, and Adult) article in this wiki.
- Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Angel is the first book in this new series in which sixteen-year-old Tess must learn to control her Downworlder powers to save her brother in Victorian-era London.
- Corsets & Clockwork edited by Trisha Telep
- A collection of 13 short stories that blend romance in Victorian times with steam-power and machinery. Contributors include Michael Scott, Kierstin White, and others.
- Airborn series by Kenneth Oppel
- A rich girl and an airship cabin boy search for creatures that may be living in the sky.
- Larklight series by Philip Reeve
- Art Mumby and his annoying older sister Myrtle travel the universe fighting killer spiders, hats and moths in the name of the British Empire.
- Hungry City Chronicles by Philip Reeve
- Known as the Mortal Engines Quartet in the UK, this series envisions a future in which cities on tracks attack each other for resources, especially those from the 21st century.
- The Hunchback Assignments by Arthur Slade
- Can a shape-shifting teen hunchback save Victorian England from the devious Clockwork Guild?
- Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld
- During World War I, the machines of the Clankers battle the war creatures of the Darwinists.