Difference between revisions of "Sharks of Greene County Library (ages 9-14)"
m (Sharks (Greene County Young Adults) moved to Sharks of Greene County Library (ages 9-14): Title is more accurate.)
Revision as of 17:58, 7 June 2009
Note: The Sharks of Greene County Library is an eight week summer book and activity club for guys aged 9 - 14, run by guys. The Sharks was formed in the summer of 2007.
Here are the books the Sharks read in Summer 2008:
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- I loved this when I was a schoolchild and still love it as an adult. Yes, the people "eating their words" and the half-child are blow-milk-out-your-nose funny, but they remind us that our words do have consequences and statistics can be hard to interpret and can be used to mislead as well as inform. --Bbjoring 19:01, 4 June 2009 (EDT)
- The Education of Robert Nifkin by Daniel Pinkwater
- The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton
- The Extraordinary Adventure of Alfred Kropp by Rick Yancey