- Oh Yuck! The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty by Joy Masoff
The titles says it all...you can learn all sorts of disgusting facts you never knew you wanted to know. This is a fascinating read.
- Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
Humorous poems with accompanying drawings will keep you laughing enough to want to check out other gems by Silverstein.
- Frindle by Andrew Clements
When Nick Allen decides to create a new word in order to give his dictionary loving teacher a difficult time, he never expects things to get as out of hand as they do.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Sweet and soft-spoken Charlie is invited, along with 4 other very greedy children, to take a tour of an eccentric man's chocolate factory.
- Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Stuart Little by Peggy Gifford
Moxy does not want to read Stuart Little. However, she has to read it by tomorrow OR ELSE. Will she be able to fit it into her crazy schedule of planting a peach orchard and swimming in the water ballet?
- Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key by Jack Gantos
Joey tends to act up, but he is a likable character and his shenanigans are entertaining.
- Uh-Oh, Cleo by Jessica Harper
Saturday starts off as an ordinary day for Cleo until an accident with her toy house causes her to need stitches. Cleo is a sweet character and her relationship with her siblings one kids can understand.