Light Reads for Men
Revision as of 16:38, 13 January 2009 by Taz
- A Most Wanted Man by John Le Carre
- The latest of Le Carre's spy novels is au courant. It features Issa who is Chechen, Annabel who is a young German attorney, and Tommy Brue who is a British investment advisor. All are resident in Hamburg as are the hosts of characters who contribute to the action, the plot, and the resolution. Once started reading one does not want to leave this book.
- Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly
- Have you met Mickey Haller, a defense attorney, and Harry Bosch, a police investigator? These two memorable Connelly figures are at their best as they join forces to solve a crime in the author's latest page turner set in Los Angeles.
- The Bible Salesman by Clyde Edgerton
- Henry Dampier, age 20, is busy selling Bibles he gets for free from charitable organizations. Real rogue Preston Clearwater quickly sees the potential Henry presents as an assistant in Clearwater's criminal ventures. Incorporated in this short novel are delightful Southern characters, locales, and love.
- Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome
- Thirty-something friends, deciding they're going soft, plan a river trip for their health and sport that goes hysterically wrong. Wildly popular when it first appeared in Victorian England, the story proves that neither men nor humor really change that much.