Guidelines for Use of the Wiki
Revision as of 14:19, 13 August 2008 by Littlegreenlibrarian
These guidelines we borrowed, (and slightly edited for our own use) from [Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki], since we can't say it better. Again, thanks Library Success!
- "JMRL Reads" is a collaborative project. In posting content here, you are tacitly agreeing to let other people edit it. So let them. Avoid edit wars.
- Use discussion pages : for commentary and opinions, and to broach controversial issues likely to provoke disagreement.
- Personal attacks will be deleted. Do not use this space as a platform to bash a person, group or product.
- Vandalism will be deleted. Vandalism is any addition, deletion, or change to content made in a deliberate attempt to compromise the integrity of this wiki.
- Don't use this to advertise your product. Advertisements will be deleted.
- Don't infringe on copyrights. Any material that is found to be copyright protected from another site or work will be deleted.
- Explain why you deleted something. Of you delete someone else's content, please explain why in the discussion page for the entry.
- About blurbs and annotations for books you're recommending: Write your own! Even though it's tempting, do not borrow from amazon.com, wikipedia, or other sites like them. Like it says in 6.