Fashion Frenzy - Style and DIY Fashion for Young Adults
Revision as of 21:22, 9 February 2009
Reclaim your Wardrobe! ... DIY Style Resources
- Crafty Diva's DIY Style Book, by Kathy Cano-Murillo. This book helps you embrace the full DIY attitude - lots of ideas.
- Cosmo Girl Make it Yourself: 50 Fun and Funky Projects- great
techniques for making clothes, accessories, and things to make you beautiful!
- Subversive Seamster, by Melissa Alvarado – this book is for when you're ready to take your sewing skills to the next level.
- The Yestermorrow Clothes Book, by Diana Funaro – okay, I _know_ this one looks dated – but look beyond the decade and see that it has very good
descriptions of the techniques used to re-form and re-fit clothes from one style to another. Use these techniques to take your thrift-store finds and update them in your own fresh style.
Glam It Up! ... YA fiction about fashion
- Ripped at the Seams, by Nancy Krulik – Can Sami Granger make it as a fashion designer in NYC? How about after her hottie boss steals her designs?