Difference between revisions of "Books for Grades 3 and 4"
Revision as of 16:57, 25 June 2011
This list is a mix of suggestions from the Central Branch of the library and Judy Freeman's "What's New in Children's Literature" Seminar.
J Armstrong Whittington
- Whittington, a feline descendant of Dick Whittington's famous cat of English folklore, appears at a rundown barnyard.
J 535.3 Barton The Day-Glo Brothers
- The story of Joe and Bob Switzer, who experimented and invented a new kind of color called Day-Glo.
J Birney The World According to Humphrey
- Humphrey the hamster is an amazing classroom pet.
J Byars The SOS File
- The students in Mr. Magro's class submit stories about their biggest emergencies.
J Child Utterly Me, Clarice Bean
- Clarice enjoys reading about a girl detective.
J Davies The Lemonade War
- Evan and his younger sister compete with each other to earn 100 dollars from a lemonade stand.
J DiCamillo The Magician's Elephant
- Orphan Peter Augustus Duchene embarks on an adventure as he tries to find his sister.
J Dorris Morning Girl
- A Taino girl is the first person to see Christopher Columbus arrive.
J Dowell Phineas MacGuire Series
J Draper Sassy
- Sassy is a new series about a fashion-savvy 4th grader.
J 327.12 Earnest The Real Spy's Guide to Becoming a Spy
- What would it be like to be a real spy?
J Funke Igraine the Brave
- Igraine wants nothing more than to be a knight.
J Gardiner Top Secret
- What does a science fair project have in common with a top secret government project? More than you think!
J Grimes Make Way for Dyamond Daniel
- In central Texas in 1899, eleven-year-old Callie Vee Tate studies the natural world with her grandfather which leads to an important discovery.
J Hale Chet Gecko Mystery Series
J Hill The Year of Miss Agnes
- Miss Agnes is the new teacher at a one room school in an Inuit village in Alaska in 1948.
J Hobbs Sheep
- A young border collie seeks a new home.
J Holm Babymouse Series
J Howe Bunnicula Series
J Hurwitz Aldo Applesauce
- This is the first crazy adventure of nine-year-old Aldo.
J Jenkins Toys Go Out
- Six stories relate the adventures of three best friends, who happen to be toys.
J Kennedy The Dog Days of Charlotte Hayes
- Charlotte is not a dog person but does not like that the rest of her family neglects their Saint Bernard puppy. She works on finding a good home for the gentle giant.
J Kelly Lucy Rose: Big on Plans
- Lucy Rose records her summer plans in her diary: preventing her parents' divorce and enjoying a birthday adventure with her father.
J Lin The Year of the Dog
- A young Taiwanese American girl struggles to integrate her two cultures.
J McDonald The Judy Moody Series
J Myers Me, Mop, and the Moondance Kid
- Mop and his friends want revenge on their baseball rivals, the obnoxious Eagles.
J Pennypacker The Clementine Series
J Schlitz Night Fairy
- When Flory's wings are broken and she cannot fly, she has to learn to do everything differently.
J Spinelli Fourth Grade Rats
- Suds learns that you don't have to be a "rat" (a tough guy)