A New Baby Is Coming To Our House!
Here is a list of great titles for parents looking for books about a new baby joining the household.
- Angel Mae: A Tale From Trotter Street by Shirley Hughes.
"Mae is excited about the new baby in her family and her part in the school Christmas play."
- Angelina's Baby Sister by Katherine Holabird
"Angelina's excitement over the arrival of a new baby turns to jealousy when her little sister becomes the center of attention."
- Aren't You Lucky by Catherine Anholt.
"A little girl learns about the joys and challenges of being a new big sister."
- Arthur's Baby by Marc Brown
"Arthur isn't sure he is happy about the new baby, but when his sister asks for his help, he feels much better."
"A non-fiction look at waiting for and welcoming a new baby. Includes information on how babies are born, adoption, babies with special needs, and dealing with feelings."
- Babies, Babies, Babies by Tessa Dahl
"A new baby is on the way and big brother and sister want to know all about babies of every sort."
- A Baby's Coming to Your House! by Shelley Moore Thomas.
"Simple, straight-forward text describes the changes that come with a new baby."
- A Baby for Grace by Ian Whybrow
"When Grace tries to help get ready for the new baby, she hears a lot of No's."
- Baby on the Way by William Sears, M.D.
"Physical and emotional realities for mommies are linked to things a child can understand."
- Baby Says by John Steptoe
"A baby and big brother figure out how to get along."
- The Baby Sister by Tomie De Paola
"When he learns that his mother is going to have a baby, Tommy is very excited, and hopes for a sister."
- A Baby Sister for Frances by Russell Hoban
"Frances has a new baby sister, and it seems that no one has time for her."
- Bear and Roly-Poly by Elizabeth Winthrop
"When Nora brings home a new baby sister for Bear, he's surprised by how big she is, how much she cries and how much she likes his attention and songs.."
- Big Brother Dustin by Alden Carter
"Dustin, a boy with Down's Syndrome, helps his family prepare for the birth of his baby sister."
- Bittle by Patricia MacLachlan
"Nigel the cat and Julia the dog think they will have no use for the new baby in their house, but after awhile they realize that they have come to love her."
- Brand-new Baby Blues by Kathi Appelt
"Sharing with a baby may be hard. but realizing that someday he won't be just a baby, but a brother gives a new sister a new outlook."
- Christina Katerina and the Great Bear Train by Patricia Lee Gauch
"Not happy that a new baby sister is coming home from the hospital. Christina Katerina takes her toy bears on a train journey all over the neighborhood."
- Daisy and the Egg by Jane Simmons.
"Daisy the duck waits for her new sibling to hatch."
- Dancing by Denys Cazet.
"Alex's father sings a song to reassure him that he is still loved, even though there is a new baby in the house."
- Daniel's Dog by Jo Ellen Bogart
"A young boy adjusts to the arrival of his new baby sister with the help of his imaginary dog, Lucky."
- Franklin's Baby Sister by Paulette Bourgeois
"Franklin is thrilled to discover he will be a big brother in the spring!"
- Froggy's Baby Sister by Jonathan London
"Froggy hoped for a brother to play with, so he is disappointed with his new baby sister, Pollywogilina, but only until she is old enough to start learning from her big brother."
- Geraldine's Baby Brother by Holly Keller
"Geraldine resents all the attention her baby brother gets until she spends some time with him."
- Happy Birth Day by Robie H. Harris
"A mother tells her child about its first day of life from the moment of birth through the end of the birth day."
- Hello Baby by Charlotte Doyle
"Homer discovers what babies can and cannot do when his mother brings home his new brother Leo."
- Hello Baby! by Lizzy Rockwell
"A young boy describes how a new baby is growing inside his mommy and tells what it is like when his new sister comes home from the hospital."