A Lesson Before Dying
Revision as of 19:58, 15 November 2009 by Bbjoring
Other Works by Ernest Gaines
- The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman (audio/video)
- Catherine Carmier
- A Gathering of Old Men
- In My Father's House (audio)
- Mozart and Leadbelly: Stories and Essays compiled and edited by Marcia Gaudet and Reggie Young.
- Of Love and Dust
African American Churches
- The Black Church in the African-American Experience by C. Eric Lincoln & Lawrence H. Mamiya
- The Negro Church in America by E. Franklin Frazier
- The Black Church Since Frazier by C. Eric Lincoln
African Americans Education
- A History of Negro Education in the South; From 1619 to the Present by Henry Allen Bullock
- Julius Rosenwald : the Man Who Built Sears, Roebuck and Advanced the Cause of Black Education in the American South by Peter M. Ascoli
- Self-Taught : African American Education in Slavery and Freedom by Heather Andrea Williams
- Jefferson School Oral History Project (narrative)
Blues Music History and Criticism
- Bill Wyman's Blues Odyssey by Bill Wyman with Richard Havers
- The Blues from Robert Johnson to Robert Gray by Tony Russell
- Blues Legacies and Black Feminism : Gertrude "Ma" Rainey, Bessie Smith, and Billie Holiday by Angela Y. Davis
- The History of the Blues by Francis Davis
- Portrait of the Blues by Paul Trynka ; photographs by Val Wilmer
- The Spirituals and the Blues : an Interpretation by James H. Cone
- This House on Fire : the Story of the Blues by Craig Awmiller
Blues Music (video recordings)
- The Blues: a Musical Journey Vulcan Productions ; Road Movies
- Blues master vols. I, II, and III / B.B. King ; produced by Steven Reed ; directed by Allie Eberhardt
- The Story of the Blues produced by Jordi Vall Escriu
- Blues Music
- American Blues
- Blues Everywhere I Go by Odetta
- Mississippi Blues
- The Turning Point John Mayall
- The Ultimate Collection, 1948-1990 John Lee Hooker
- Bessie Smith
- Billie's blues Billie Holiday
- Blues & Roots Charles Mingus
- The Legend of Blind Joe Death John Fahey
- Choosing Mercy: a Mother of Murder Victims Pleads to End the Death Penalty by Antoinette Bosco.
- Crime and Capital Punishment by Robert H. Loeb, Jr.
- Dead Man Walking: an Eyewitness Account of the Death Penalty in the United States by Helen Prejean.
- Death Penalties: the Supreme Court's Obstacle Course by Raoul Berger.
- The Death Penalty: Opposing Viewpoints by David L. Bender & Bruno Leone, series editors; Carol Wekesser, book editor.
- Don't Kill in Our Names: Families of Murder Victims Speak Out Against the Death Penalty by Rachel King.
- The Execution of Willie Francis: Race, Murder, and the Search for Justice in the American South by Gilbert King.
- Just Revenge: Costs and Consequences of the Death Penalty by Mark Costanzo
- The Last Face You'll Ever See: the Private Life of the American Death Penalty by Ivan Solotaroff.
- Legal Lynching: Racism, Injustice, and the Death Penalty by Jesse Jackson, with Jesse Jackson, Jr.
- Teens and the Death Penalty by Elaine Landau.
- Ultimate Punishment: a Lawyer's Reflections on Dealing with the Death Penalty by Scott Turow.
- Who Owns Death?: Capital Punishment, the American Conscience, and the End of Executions by Robert Jay Lifton and Greg Mitchell.
- The Wrong Men: America's Epidemic of Wrongful Death Row Convictions by Stanley Cohen.
Louisiana Style Cookery
- Chef Paul Prudhomme's Fork in the Road: a Different Direction in Cooking, photography by Paul Rico
- Crescent City Cooking: Unforgettable Recipes from Susan Spicer's New Orleans by Susan Spicer, with Paula Disbrowe
- Emeril's Delmonico: a New Orleans Restaurant with a Past by Emeril Lagasse
- Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch ; photographs by Brian Smale
- Justin Wilson Looking Back: a Cajun Cookbook, photographs by David King Gleason and Bill Cooksey
- The New Orleans Cookbook: Creole, Cajun, and Louisiana French Recipes Past and Present by Rima Collin & Richard Collin
- The Prudhomme Family Cookbook: Old-Time Louisiana Recipes by the eleven Prudhomme brothers and sisters and Paul Prudhomme
- The Trout Point Lodge Cookbook: Creole Cuisine from New Orleans to Nova Scotia by Daniel Abel, Charles Leary, Vaughn Perret, photographs by Wayne Barrett, foreword by John Besh
Death row inmates - Fiction
- Hour of the Cat by Peter Quinn
- The Law of Second Chances by James Sheehan.
- Love Her Madly by Mary-Ann Tirone Smith
- Reversible Errors by Scott Turow
- Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell
- Conviction by Richard North Patterson
- The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer.
- Gallows Thief by Bernard Cornwell
- The Green Mile by Stephen King
Prisons - Fiction
- Derailed by James Siegel
- End of Story by Peter Abrahams
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers; illustrations by Christopher Myers
- Pale Horse Coming by Stephen Hunter
- The Session by Judith Kelman
Prisoners - Fiction
- The Gypsy Man by Robert Bausch
- Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk
- The Interview Room by Roderick Anscombe
- The Keep by Jennifer Egan
- Last Shot by Gregg Hurwitz
- The Lord of Death by Eliot Pattison
- The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas
- The Night Stalker: by James Swain
- The Order of Things by Lynne Hinton.
- The Summons by John Grisham
- Controlled Burn : Stories of Prison, Crime, and Men by Scott Wolven.
We have an unbelievable number of radio programs --63+ in the catalog. Here’s just a minor sample
- Radio's Golden Age: the Programs and the Personalities by Frank Buxton and Bill Owen
- Letter from America, 1946-2004 by Alistair Cooke
- Agatha Christie's Casebook Mysteries (sound recording)
- The Best of 1945 (sound recording)
- Old-Time Radio's Greatest Mysteries (sound recording)
- Stop the Press! (sound recording: tales of reporters on the radio)