Wireless Access Information
- What is Wireless Internet Access (also known as “WIFI") ?
Access the Internet with a portable computing device without having to plug into a wall outlet.
- What do I need for Wireless Internet Access?
You need a laptop, notebook, tablet, etc. with a wireless network interface
- Who can use Wireless Access at JMRL? Do I need a library card?
A JMRL library card is not required. Anyone who complies with the Library's
Computer and Internet Access Policy (PDF) may use our Wireless Access service.
- How do I get connected?
If your device doesn't establish a connection automatically, look for available
networks and select JMRL-Guest.
- Does the Library provide laptops or NIC Cards?
No, users must bring their own device.
- Where can I get a Wireless Access card?
Most devices come with wireless access as a standard feature. Older laptops
can be outfitted with a wireless network interface at local electronics and computer stores or by purchasing online. Consult your laptop manual for specifications.
- If I need help setting up my wireless access or have problems using
wifi in the library, can the library staff help me?
The library staff will assist you in configuring your wifi connection
or attempt to troubleshoot any problems you encounter while using the
wifi in the library. For your protection staff are not allowed to
touch your laptop or device in order to help you, but will do whatever
else they can.
- Is the information on my laptop safe while I am connected?
Wireless transmissions by their nature can be intercepted very easily.
Utilizing virus protection, a personal firewall, and other measures to protect
the information on your device is highly recommended and is the sole
responsibility of the user. The Library is not responsible for any loss
of information or damage to your device that might result from using JMRL's wireless network or other facilities in the library.
- Where can I use Wireless Access?
Wireless Access is offered in all JMRL branches.